Mourinho refuses to repeat ‘manhunt’ claims after FA charge

source: football365

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has been given an extension until Wednesday to answer a Football Association charge of using abusive, insulting or improper language following the victory over Newcastle.

The United manager spoke into a camera in Portuguese after his side came from behind to triumph 3-2 at Old Trafford and had initially been given until Friday to answer the charge.

Asked at a press conference on Friday whether the charge was another example of the ‘manhunt’ against him and his team he spoke about earlier this month, Mourinho said: “If I answer your question I have probably another process because I cannot imply bias.”

Mourinho could potentially face a touchline ban but that would not have applied to this weekend anyway, when United face Mourinho’s former club Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

The match against Newcastle began with reports of Mourinho being sacked only for United to turn a two-goal deficit into a 3-2 victory in a potentially season-turning moment.

The international break could potentially stall their momentum, and Mourinho said: “I felt that after the match. Then it looks an eternity. Even today we don’t have every player back. It’s a bit strange. But I think the feelings of the last match remain. The players are happy and focused on the match.

“I am 100% Manchester United tomorrow. There’s no space for anything more than respect for the stadium and the fans that were my fans before.”

More latest news

Comments

Top